Duration de The Mission : Three (03) months
Number of years of experience : 5 Years
The Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (ARAA) of ECOWAS has the mandate "to ensure the technical implementation of regional investment programs and plans contributing to the operationalization of the regional agricultural policy in its relying on institutions, organizations and regional actors with proven expertise ". It performs the function of specialized technical structure, delegated project management of ECOWAP / CAADP projects and programs. ARAA is currently coordinating the implementation of 10 regional projects and programs. Of these projects two projects namely the Support Program for Food and Nutrition Security (PASANAO) co-financed by the French Development Agency (AFD) and ECOWAS and the ECOWAP / CAADP support project on nets social security co-financed by ECOWAS and Spanish Cooperation.
Between 2015 and to date, the Agency has selected 43 projects through five calls for proposals including 24 projects under the PASANAO and 19 under the project on social safety nets. These are pilot projects whose capitalization should lead to the scaling up of major programs both at national and regional level.
Although all PASANO projects have already been the subject of final evaluation and capitalization, projects on social safety nets are still being implemented and the evaluation and capitalization of the first 10 will be carried out between June and June. October 2018.
It is also noted that during the period, the Agency will launch the sixth call for proposals on innovative operations on the identification of agro-ecological practices for scaling up potential.
In order to support the technical unit in the evaluation, capitalization and follow-up of ongoing projects, the Agency undertakes the recruitment of a consultant.
MISSIONS AND TASKS OF THE CONSULTANT
The Consultant will act as Expert, and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contribute to the planning, monitoring, evaluation and capitalization of projects
- Contribute to internal and external communication on project results and their impacts;
- Review and validate technical and financial reports of field projects;
- Contribute to the finalization of project monitoring aids at the ARAA level;
- Provide support / advice to the technical unit and advice needed for decision-making;
- Contribute to the request of the ARAA, to the reflections on the strategies of development of the actions of field of the agency for the benefit of the people of ECOWAS
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the RAAF Technical Unit.
- A better followup of the projects that will be entrusted to the consultant according to the ARAA monitoring-evaluation manual
- Periodic, prefinal / final evaluations with elaborate briefs focusing on impact and sustainability results of innovative actions
- A capitalization of the closed projects giving the tracks of a largescale extension
- A contribution to the project call for proposals process through the reception, evaluation of the short and detailed notes.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Master’s degree in Agronomist, Agroeconomist or Economist profile. The Expert must have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a similar position (projects, programs, etc.); have experience in monitoring / evaluation of food and nutrition security pilot projects or social safety nets. He will have a good knowledge of the West African institutional context and agricultural policies in West Africa; will be available for many trips in the subregion; will be proficient in office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint); and will have good writing, synthesis and communication skills.
A good knowledge of the ARAA calls for proposals as well as results-based monitoring would be a great asset.
Application requirements and employment
- Enjoy his or her civil rights and be of good character;
- Have the nationality of one of the ECOWAS member states;
- A solid work experience in West Africa is required;
- The duty station is Lome (Togo), with possible travel to other ECOWAS member states.
DURATION OF THE MISSION
The mission is planned for an initial duration of 3 months.
Applicants must submit their complete application package consisting of the following documents:
- A cover letter ;
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- A copy of the degree.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates should send their applications to the following address,
Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF)
83, Rue de la Pâture, Lomé Togo (sealed envelope « Recruitment of a consultant in support of ARAA for monitoring, evaluation and capitalization of innovative projects resulting from calls for proposals »)
With object: «Recruitment of a consultant in support of ARAA for monitoring, evaluation and capitalization of innovative projects resulting from calls for proposals»
A Consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS procurement Code.